The Access4All Educator Resource is a great tool that includes lesson plans, activities, projects, and handouts for teachers to help students understand disability, access and inclusion, identify barriers in their school or community, and develop hands-on Barrier Buster projects to create and celebrate positive change.
Below is a list of sections within the Educator Resource that will help you teach your students about the importance of inclusion and accessibility, and help them to identify physical barriers to accessibility in the places we live, work and play, including our schools and playgrounds.
Steps 1-5 which include:
- Step 1: Understanding disability and accessibility
- Step 2: Identifying barriers
- Step 3: Identifying solutions and projects
- Step 4: Creating an action plan
- Step 5: Planning a celebration
Appendices A-D which include:
- Appendix A: Sample Barrier Buster Projects
- Appendix B: Activity Instructions
- Appendix C: Personal Stories & Case Studies
- Appendix D: Facts and Statistics
To download the FREE Access4All Educator Resource, you will be prompted to login to your Rick Hansen Account. If you have not previously registered in our system, you will be prompted to create an account, allowing you to access all of the Foundation’s free resources.
Download the Elementary Educator Resource now.
Download the Secondary Educator Resource now.
Browse all the free resources available through the Canada 150 edition of the Rick Hansen School Program materials.